16 Nov Five Ways the Apeiron Plan Will Improve the Jockey Club
Apeiron at the Jockey Club is poised to bring much more to the Jockey Club property than the luxury condominiums and five-star boutique hotel that the proposed project entails. It will also deliver property upgrades that benefit all Jockey Club residents and their guests. Importantly, these upgrades will be funded by Apeiron, meaning that they won’t increase fees being paid by current Jockey Club residents. Here are the Top 5 improvements:
- New Marina: after years of being derelict, Apeiron will deliver a brand new 38-slip deep-water marina that is capable of handling yachts from 50- to 150-feet and is built to the highest industry standards.
- New Public Spaces: Apeiron will enhance the Jockey Club campus with a new bay-front promenade, children’s playground, dog park, walking paths, and tennis courts to be enjoyed by all Jockey Club residents.
- New Entryways: The Apeiron plan includes a redesigned main entryway/exit which is set further back from Biscayne Boulevard, mitigating backups and ensuring quick resident access. Apeiron will also fund an additional property entrance on Northeast 111th Street to further ensure easy resident access to the property and prevent impacts to traffic on US-1.
- New Security and Infrastructure: To enhance security at the Jockey Club, Apeiron will install security fencing around the entire property, a feature that does not currently exist. Additionally, Apeiron will pay for needed improvements to the pump station and roadways.
- New Landscaping: Laurie Olin, one of America’s leading landscape architects and the former chair of Harvard University’s landscape architecture program, will use his expertise to beautify the green spaces in and around Apeiron at the Jockey Club.