19 Mar Apeiron Progress
We hope the first quarter of the year has gone well for you! We’d like to share an update on the progress Apeiron at the Jockey Club has made on property and maintenance upgrades over the last few months.
We are happy to report that the review and permitting process for the new, state-of-the-art yacht marina has advanced a great deal since we last communicated. We expect to have our final building permit soon and will then begin construction on the project. Following are further details:
- After careful review, several Miami-Dade County departments have approved plans for the Marina. The Department of Environmental Resource Management (DERM) is currently reviewing the permit and we are working collaboratively with DERM staff.
- The plan includes much-needed repairs for the seawall surrounding Jockey Club, an issue that has persisted for years before Apeiron purchased property at the Jockey Club.
- We have applied for a building permit and expect to have it in the next 60 days.
- Apeiron completed a mandatory 10-year report on the lift station for Miami-Dade County environmental regulators, bringing the station into compliance with the County (this report should have been submitted by the Jockey Club Maintenance Association in 2014).
- We also made several repairs to the lift station, including: installation of two new motors, rebuilding the pump, and installation of new venting.
- After making several upgrades to the facility, the Apeiron office is open at the former site of the Pro Shop.
- There is a scale model of Apeiron at the Jockey Club at the office that is available for all residents to view.
- There are also detailed renderings of the plans for Apeiron on display.
We would like to extend an invitation to all Jockey Club residents to come by and visit the Apeiron office and see the model and renderings. Apeiron’s property manager Allison Robie is there Monday thru Friday from 2 to 6 pm and can answer any questions you may have about the project.
Apeiron remains committed to delivering a world-class project that will help restore the Jockey Club to its past prominence, bring new amenities for all area residents to enjoy, and include numerous improvements to shared areas.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation as Apeiron works to bring meaningful improvements to the Jockey Club. We will keep you informed as our e orts continue. If you have any questions, please contact Allison Robie at firstname.lastname@example.org or (305) 742-1891.